Today, the Framework Agreement on the Bangsamoro (FAB) will be signed by the Philippine Government and the MILF. It is a major step towards establishing durable peace in Mindanao. The signing of the FAB also signals the start of what could be an exciting work for both the Government and the MILF. This is because to successfully implement the FAB requires the cooperation and coordination of the following key players:
1. The President and his Cabinet
2. GPH and MILF peace panels (to sign a Comprehensive Agreement);
3. The local political leaders, especially in the ARMM;
4. House of Representatives and the Senate;
5. The Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police;
6. The ARMM Regional Government;
7. The Supreme Court
8. Mass media (especially the big players)
9. Ultimately, the people themselves.
As the saying goes, “if you want peace, prepare for peace”. Good luck and may the force be with all the peacemakers.